As much as I’m ready for summer or at least spring, it doesn’t seems like it is happening yet – well not at Michigan for sure. It is mid April at it is still snowing and very cold so therefore I decided it would be a great day for making this delicious soup which is a great comfort food for a snowy day.
There are tons of different ways of how to make a matzo ball soup and also options of adding chicken to it or just plain vegetarian. I make it both ways but today decided to make it vegetarian with fresh veggies like carrots, celery and onion, and of course I had to make it Gluten Free.
Gluten Free Matzo Ball Soup
A comforting and savory, Jewish inspired gluten free soup, perfect for Paleo and other healthy lifestyles.
- Bring the broth to a simmer in a large pot and add the carrots with the celery to cook on a medium heat until the veggies become soft and cooked
- Fry the onion in a pan with avocado oil and once gold in color, add it to the soup.
- Whisk the flours, salt and garlic powder in a large mixing bowl. Add the ghee and the eggs and mix very well
- With wet hands, create small balls size of ping pong balls and drop them to the soup. you should have about 15-18 balls. Reduce the heat to low and cook for about 15 minutes
- Add the dry Cilantro and cook for another 5 minutes