I wanted to share this recipe that I have been making for years, with slight modification since we have been gluten free and now also following the Keto diet, so no noodles for us.
I love chicken breast especially when it comes together with healthy veggies like bell peppers in different colors and onion. You can also add carrots sliced and baby corn, however I skipped those in order to keep up with the keto diet 🙂
Chicken Stir Fry
A spicy and savory, Asian inspired gluten free entrée, perfect for Keto, Paleo and other healthy lifestyles.
- Chicken Breast – 2 lb
- Yellow Onion – 2 medium
- Bell Peppers – 4 verity of colors
- Tamari Sauce – 2 cups
- Spicy Chili Sauce – 1/2 cup
- Salt – 1 tea spoon
- Black Pepper – 1/4 tea spoon
- Avocado oil
- Cut the chicken into 1 inch cubes and place in a large bowl. Add 1 cup of Tamari sauce and 1/2 cup of spicy chili sauce and mix very well. Add salt and black pepper, mix well again, than cover and refrigerate of at least one hour.
- Meanwhile, cut the onion to half circles and fry in a large pot with avocado oil until the onion turns gold color.
- Cut up the bell peppers into stripes and add it to the pot with the onion, than add more avocado oil and mix it constantly to make sure the onion and the peppers don’t get stocked to the pot
- When the peppers become soft, add the remaining 1 cup of tamari sauce and mix it all very well and than add the chicken breast and mix it all again and cook until the chicken is soft and ready.