So I have been making this super easy matzo dish almost every day for Passover because how easy and fast is to make it and how delicious it turns out.
Matzo Babka is a giant pancake made out of matzo and can be used basically as a bread to create sandwiches with, or just eat it on it own or with some jam or honey.
And for those like my daughter and me who are Gluten Free, You can easily make this out of Gluten Free Matzo
- Matzo – 6 sheets
- Hot water – 1/2 cup
- Eggs – 4 large
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Avocado oil – 2 tbsp
- Break the matzo into small pieces (about inch) and pour water over the matzo and drain it.
- Whisk the eggs with a fork, add the salt and than add the matzo
- In a small 8-inch pan, head the avocado oil and than add the matzo mix and press with a fork to create an even pancake shape
- Cook on medium heat for about 4 minutes.
- In order to flip the matzo babka without breaking it, you need a large round plate and carefully flip the babka pancake onto a plate, and than put back on a frying pan to cook the other side for another 4 minutes.