So today we thought to make something spicy and savory. I’ve had some tilapia and thought to try and make it with a thick curry sauce. And of course what could be better substitute for a bun than a fresh grilled eggplant.
Curry Fish with Eggplant
A spicy and savory, Indian inspired gluten free entrée, perfect for Keto, Paleo and other healthy lifestyles.
- Slice up and sauté onion and bell pepper, and transfer them into the slow cooker coated with avocado oil.
- Sear tilapia filets on both sides and lay them out on top of the onion and bell pepper in the slow cooker. (Next time I’m going to add few sliced jalapenos for flavor and spiciness)
- In the bowl mix together coconut milk, curry, tamari and cayenne pepper and pour over the fish in the slow cooker. Set the slow cooker to low heat for 3 hours.
- While fish is cooking, slice up the eggplant and salt it on both sides generously. The salt will work to draw out the bitterness so do not be afraid to over salt it. Let it sit for a few hours so the salt can do its job.
- Heat up a grill pan and rub the ridges with avocado oil. Sear the eggplant slices and reduce heat to let them cook – about 4 minutes per side. Season them with onion and garlic powder.
- Serve fish on top of eggplant and enjoy.