I haven’t made a Meatloaf in a long time, and while I was going through my cooking notebook I came across this great Meatloaf recipe. What I like about this great recipe, is that it includes veggies like mushrooms celery and olives- so it is not only delicious, but also very healthy for you.
I chose to make this Meatloaf with beef, because it makes it a little more juicy. But for those who prefer chicken or turkey or any other type of meat, feel free to substitute it 🙂
My choice for side dish is Asparagus and pan seared Radish – which really taste like potatoes when it is prepared this way, minus the carbs of the potatoes, which makes them a great keto substitute.
A rustic, traditional gluten free recipe perfect for Keto, Paleo, and other healthy lifestyles.
- Beef- 2 lb
- Celery- 2 large sticks diced
- Mushrooms– 1 can chopped small
- Olives– 1 can chopped small
- Almond Flour– 1/4 cup
- Italian Seasoning– 1 table spoon
- Salt – 2 tea spoons
- Garlic Powder – 1 tea spoon
- Onion Powder – 1 tea spoon
- Paprika– 1/2 tea spoon
- Ginger Powder– 1/1/4 tea spoon
- Nutritional Yeast Seasoning– 3 table spoons
- Eggs- 3 large whisked
- Tamari Gluten Free Soy Sauce– 1 table spoon
- Avocado Oil – 1/4 cup
- BBQ Sauce Sugar Free 4 table spoons
- Place all the meat in a large bowl, add whisked eggs and vegetables, and mix very well with your hands. Add the dry ingredients while mixing very well and except the BBQ sauce. Continue mixing until you see that all the ingredients are well mixed with the meat.
- In a Casserole Glass Bakeware Dish , place the Meatloaf and brush the BBQ sauce on the top. Preheat the oven to 400º F and bake for 45 minutes. Serve hot
- Wash and boil the Asparagus in a chicken broth for about 15 minutes. Drain the extra liquids and add all the spices.
- In large pan, add few table spoons of avocado oil and fry the Asparagus on medium/low heat for about 15 minutes or until ready.
- Radish- 2 bunches
- Salt- 1/2 tea spoon
- Garlic Powder– 1/2 tea spoon
Wash the radish and cut in half. Add the salt and garlic powder and fry with 2 table spoons of avocado oil.