I’m back with the sweet goodness of the CHEESECAKE!!! Okay, admitting to a guilty pleasure here – I can’t control myself around cheesecake. But my friend Julia has introduced me to this amazing concept of turning cheesecake into cupcakes. And this way the cheesecake comes with a built in portion control. Win/Win situation for me.
I called my friend Julia who is known to be amazing chef and begged her for the recipe, and she offered to do a “baking lesson party” where we get to bake those amazing Cheesecakes and then eat them 🙂
Our friend Sasha joined the party as well and she helped with baking and took those awesome pictures to show how the process was done step by step.
We all decided that this “cooking party” was a huge success and we will get together again very soon to make some more of Julia’s great recipes
1. Almond Flour – 1 cup
2. Butter- 3 Table spoons unsalted butter- melted
3. Sugar-1/1/2 Table spoon
4. Salt- pinch
1. Cream cheese- 2 packages of 8 oz- softened
2. Eggs- 2 large at room tempwrature
3. Sour cream- 1/4 cup
4. Vanilla – 1 tea spoon
5. Lemon zest- 2 tea spoon
6. Sugar- 1/2 cup
7. Salt- pinch
1. Jam/Honey – few drips(any kind of jam or honey)
2. Raspberries and Blueberries- fresh
3. Mint leaves- optional
- Preheat oven to 325º F .
- In a metal tray prepare 15 muffin liners.
- To make the Crust: combine the Almond flour, 1/1/2 table spoons of sugar and melted butter in a bowl and mix it well . Divide the mixture evenly among the 15 muffin liners and press the mixture to the liners (as shown in the picture)
- Filling: place the 1/2 cup of sugar and the lemon zest into a small bowl and mix it very well.
- Place the softened cream cheese in a large bowl and beat on medium-low with a mixer for 2-3 minutes. Add the sugar-lemon mixture salt and vanilla. mix all very well for another 2-3 minutes
- Add the eggs and sour cream and mix another 2-3 minutes on low.
- Dived the mixture evenly and place over the crust
- Bake for 20 minutes. The cheesecakes should be rising during baking. Remove from oven and set to cool down completely and then transfer to refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- Remove chilled cheesecakes from liners and place jam or honey on each cheesecake. decorate each cheesecake with raspberries, blueberries and mint leaves.
Enjoy your mini cheesecakes, and if you like the recipe, please share my blog